Our songwriting package facilitates students with writing original songs. Carlé Weber, Crescendo winner, and an artist in the music industry herself, manages this product within Studio Cha. It is becoming more and more important for upcoming artists to have their own original repertoire. The following elements are included in the songwriting package:
- Guidance with writing original lyrics (Afrikaans or English).
- Assistance with composing a melody.
- Guidance and facilitation with making backtracks or arrangements.
- Registration of original songs with SAMRO (www.samro.org.za).
- Assistance with a professional studio-recording of the songs.
- Assistance with final polishing of the vocals and the performance of the song.
The final product is a professional demo recording, which is of such good quality, that it can be presented to any record label in the country. The Vocal and Performance Coaching product mainly focuses on vocal development and performance. The songwriting product focuses on the student’s creative abilities.
The songwriting product is an exciting journey where students can explore and discover the artists in themselves. For a student considering a future career in singing, songwriting is a very important skill that needs to be developed. If a student decides to take the songwriting package, they receive a 30 minute one-on-one session per week.